- You can never cure a psychopath. Ever. You can’t save them. You can’t be that “one person,” that “one friend” who shows them how to be a decent person. Well, you can, but it won’t turn out how you’re hoping: they’ll still be a psychopath and now you’re a nice person in their cross hairs.
- You can only get away from a psychopath. (This literally means: No Contact Ever Again.) Once you identify a psychopath, truly & seriously, do everything you can to divest yourself of further involvement on any given level, in any given scenario, in any aspect of your life at all. Reach down deep and find your inner passive-aggressive. Got it? Good. Now use it to avoid ever doing anything with this person, without ever divulging the real reason. Just always be busy. Never let it be the right time for a project together.
- Psychopaths are devious, and sometimes clever, but most lack wisdom. Think about that for a moment. Fast, fast talkers. Can talk so well, and so fast, they make you’re head spin until you don’t know which side is up. But, sometimes all that talking opens up for little slips. Slips of info you can use to help you navigate in the future.
- Though potentially justifiable, seeking revenge or payback is pointless, as is trying to get others “on board” with you - let them be their own undoing as they will inevitably be. Psychopaths are better at being charming “good guys” than you are at convincing third parties that they are not. Don’t waste your breath, don’t try to protect or save someone else the trouble, it will just bite you. Simply follow as above, and walk away forever.
- Non-compliance with psychopathic systems is a way of hastening their demise. They seek control, you refuse to acquiesce (passive-aggressive works great here too!), and voila, bit of instability surfaces on their part, giving an opportunity for the psychopath’s true nature to be revealed.
- Never let a psychopath goad you into a responding in a way that diminishes your self-control or self-respect. It’s a tactic to pull you down into the mucky muck with them. Because when someone else notices the muck on them, they can now just point at you and yell, “But she’s got muck on her too! Look at her! I’m sure her muck is much much worse than mine!” And if you’re down there all mucky with Mr. Psychopath, well…sometimes you’re shit out of luck, lookin’ just as bad as he does. Let psychopaths go on smear campaigns, as they are wont to do. You can’t stop them. You can’t control them. You can only refuse to participate in their nutbaggery. Eventually others will recognize what’s going on and there will be the psychopath; battling nobody in a pathetically one-sided war.
- LAUGH AND MAKE SATIRE about psychopaths and psychopathic systems. Share. What else can you do really, right?
I got this from somewhere and didn’t finish posting at the time. Now I don’t know where I got it or who to credit. Anyway, I made some changes to add in my own insight, but if anyone recognizes where the original thoughts on this were posted, I will update with a link to.